Since its introduction to the market a few decades ago, vinyl fencing has grown to become a popular choice for northern Utah homes and businesses. Is it the right fence material to enclose your property?
Perhaps – but you’ll need to explore your options and weigh the pros and cons of each type of fence to come to a final decision. To help you get started, here’s a look at how vinyl fencing stacks up.
Advantages of Vinyl Fencing
Vinyl fences offer several benefits over other fencing materials. The advantages include:
- Low maintenance – This fence material doesn’t need much regular care. You may want to hose it down occasionally, but you won’t need paint or stain the fence.
- Durable – Vinyl is impervious to pests, and the material doesn’t rot or splinter. Fences made of this material are also resistant to impact damage.
- Long-lasting – Vinyl fencing remains sturdy and strong for decades. During that time, the material doesn’t age or begin to look worn.
- Customization – With this type of fence, the aesthetic possibilities are endless. Many styles and fade-resistant colors are available, so you can choose fencing that showcases your style.
Drawbacks of Vinyl Fencing
Every fence material comes with disadvantages, and vinyl is no exception. The downsides include:
- Fence cost – Vinyl fencing is one of the more expensive options. If your budget is tight, another material could better suit your needs.
- Temperature vulnerability — Though vinyl is strong and durable, the material can become brittle and crack in extreme cold or hot conditions.
- Lack of light – Vinyl is solid, and fences made with this material block light from reaching the property. This can hinder the growth of grass, trees and plants on your northern Utah property.
- Staining – Algae, mold and mildew can build up on a vinyl fence. If not cleared away quickly, unsightly stains can set in.
Fencing Solutions for Your Northern Utah Property
To determine whether a vinyl fence is the right choice for your northern Utah property, prioritize your needs and wants. Which factors are the most important?
If durability, longevity and low maintenance requirements are what you want from your fence, vinyl could be your best option. If, on the other hand, you prefer lower cost fencing that can easily stand up to the harsh Utah winter temperatures, another material might better suit your needs.
The easiest way to explore your options and decide on a type of fence to install is to consult with a local full-service fencing company. If your home or business is located in the greater Salt Lake City area or along the Wasatch Front, talk to the professionals at All Over Fence.
As highly experienced fencing contractors, our team understands the pros and cons of every fence material and can help you decide on the right choice for your property. And, with our huge inventory and customization options, you can count on finding a style you love.
For more information on vinyl fencing for your northern Utah home or business, or to browse our complete line of high-quality products, contact All Over Fence today.